Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 15, stitches out! weight bearing & HOME!

Day 15!  Today is the day.  I arrived at the surgeon’s office first thing in the am.  They removed all of my 20+ stitches which brought on a nice wave of nausea.  The incision is healing nicely.  They applied several butterfly sutures, put on a large CAM boot, ordered me to start weight bearing and GO HOME!

As much as I loved the past two weeks in NYC, I’m ready to be in our home, see our family and friends, snuggle with my dogs and return to our normal life.  The weight bearing process is pretty uncomfortable.  I decided to wait until I was home to start my weight bearing road to recovery.  I haven’t used my knee wheeler since I walked in the door!  I have significant heel pain when I walk, but it is something I will work thru!


No comments:

Post a Comment